Friday, December 20, 2013

My latest lipstick obsession:


Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipsticks


So Kate Moss’s Lasting Finish Matte Lipsticks have recently caught my eye and are unquestionably gorgeous. I am absolutely in love with the shades I got my hands on, which were colours #107 & #110 and am so excited to now have these in my lipstick collection. From experimenting with these two colours, I definitely think that I will be hunting down the remaining shades in the near future.


Firstly, #107 is a rich, deep purple plum colour and at first I was quite sceptical of buying such a dark shade, because as I have quite fair/light skin, the majority of the time I do not usually admire and move towards the real rich dark colours. I generally prefer to choose brighter, summer & spring colours, but spontaneously decided to give it a whirl. So as I have not tried anything like this before, I decided to jump to it and from a little trialling I am happy to say that I am in love with the colour and am now intrigued into to experimenting with more darker colours. From looking at the packaging it appears particularly dark, however it is not as daunting as it might look. After a simple application to the lips it appears to be a little lighter, but it is with out a doubt vibrant, elegant and just simply gorgeous. (So who knew I could speak so much about one lipstick shade - haha!) 

Secondly, #110 is an orange-based red that can easily be transitioned into the warmer months. I was drawn to this colour in particular because it is not a defined red or orange, it is the perfect mixture of the two and create a perfect colour combination. I have never seen this type of colour before, so it was a must for me to have and I am evidently in love with the colour. 


Lastly, a little overall opinion on the lipsticks is that for me personally they are easy to build in colour, especially if you do not want a strong bold lip, a small application can still provide you with a stunning matte lip.  The formula of the lipstick is that it stays on the lips for a reasonable amount of time, however an occasional touch up is required after eating or drinking. I did not personally find it easily to smudge throughout the duration of wearing it, however I am very careful when wearing lipsticks anyway so this does not happen. (haha crazy person!)

With a matte lipstick you definitely need to exfoliate and moisturise your lips in order to gain the perfect application. The line of products offer a lovely range of deep shades, however still trying to incorporate a couple of lighter ones. The lipsticks are absolutely perfect for the Autumn/ winter season and this is also carried out through the packaging, which express a deep red berry colour. It is simple and elegant, which results in providing a range of delightful colours.

I hope you have enjoyed the review of these beautiful lipsticks and if you don’t already have some of your own, I strongly advise you to step out of your comfort zone and try some bold colours! Shade #107 is definitely my favourite so far and cannot wait to wear it more. They are not only perfect gifts for the festive season, but great for all the holiday gathering that you may attend. So from this the lipsticks definitely receive a thumbs up from me!

I hope you are having a lovely week and are enjoying the festive season!
Molly xo

No comments:

Post a Comment