Thursday, October 2, 2014

A vintage cafe in the hills.

Good Morning. 


Yesterday I travelled up to the Adelaide hills with my mum for a spot of antique and general shopping. Whilst I did not find any vintage treasures, I stumbled across this gorgeous cafe on the main street, which I simply fell in love with and could not not share with you! 




The outside decor caught my eye first time around when we walked up the street and then as we wandered back down, we decided to pop on in to have a cup of coffee and a hot chocolate. Plus a naughty slice of brownie, however it was vegan and gluten free - bonus! I love health food shops and cannot wait to discover more, because they are definitely becoming more popular. 



I am slightly obsessed with recycled furniture lately, which is one of the reasons for going antique shopping, but I will just have to look a little further and visit more op shops, garage sales, house sales and auctions to see what I can get my hands on. Anyway the wooden tables that were outside, inspired to make something similar, so we will just have to wait and see what happens. 



The delicious chocolate Goji Berry Brownie that was simply guilt free! 





The interiors on the inside were beautiful and certainly down my avenue of taste and style. I loved the vintage style and tried to capture a couple of secret photographs to share with you, as I am still learning and building the confidence of asking and photographing in public. 


The drinks were on vintage saucers that were all different, as well as the sweet treats. The atmosphere of the cafe is quiet and relaxing, which is perfect if you are wanting somewhere to possibly study, read or a quick stop for a bite to eat. 



Sadly there is no social media sites or website for me to link you to, so if ever I go back (which I hope so) I will hopefully take some more pictures of the food, so that you can see for yourself what there is on offer. 


 Whilst the service did not excel, I am more than happy to go back again and try some more delicious treats that are healthy, guilt free and are still as scrumptious as a normal chocolate bar. (Even better in my personal opinion!)


Mmmmm… chocolate goodness! 


 I think it was a winner don't you? 


Simple interiors can speak a million words, inspire people and capture the moment and style incredibly. 

I hope you have all enjoyed this style of post and I cannot wait to go an explore some more cafes and stores throughout the summer to share with you all. I certainly loved doing it - I felt like a tourist in my own state with my camera around my neck capturing each moment - if that is possible?

Anyway I hope you all have a lovely day. 
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment