Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A mini break away.


As you may or may not know already, from Wednesday to Sunday last week I had a mini break away and spent the time cruising the Murray River in a house boat. So I thought I would shares some picture snaps with you if you are not aware what the Australian surroundings look like near the River. 

It was certainly a relaxing break that allowed me to study at my own pace, read, soak in the spring sunshine and practice taking photographs - which I adored. 


Here are some snippets of the boat itself as well as the environment, places we moored and wildlife. The large boat in the images below are a well known house boats that sails the river and has many cabins onboard for numerous guests. The design and detail of the boat was simple beautiful and traditional. 

As well as walking around a couple of the towns it made me really appreciate architecture and how much I have fallen in love with the style and minor details to buildings. 


Whilst the evening and mornings were exceptionally chilly, it was cosy to wrap up in layers watch films or read books whilst being able to see all of the outside world pass by with the number of sliding doors inside the boat. 


It was defiantly a unique experience and I would certainly recommend you give it a whirl for a couple of days away and I would love to step it up to the next level and hop onto a cruise ship some time soon. 

Enjoy! 
M x 


No comments:

Post a Comment